Associate Director of Community Relations and Marketing
For 70 years, St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) has worked to provide help and create hope for the most vulnerable members of the Greater Lansing community. One of the largest human services agencies in the area, STVCC is the charitable arm of the Diocese of Lansing, serving children and families in crisis through adoption, foster care, refugee resettlement, immigration legal and counseling services as well as through a therapeutic Children’s Home for children who have experienced severe abuse and neglect.
2018 is a momentous year for STVCC as it celebrates 70 years of providing transformative services to Lansing’s most vulnerable, and embarks on an ambitious capital campaign in order to sustain its programs for another 70 years and beyond.
STVCC seeks an energetic, talented, public relations and communications professional to join its development team. The ideal candidate is an individual passionate about social justice and serving vulnerable children and families by using story-telling to connect donors and prospective donors to STVCC’s mission via interactive digital and traditional media outlets.
The Associate Director of Community Relations and Marketing assists and supports the agency in the strategic positioning of STVCC in the local market as the first choice for donors in our community. In this capacity, he/she is responsible for the planning, development, implementation and management of marketing, media and community relations strategies for stakeholders of STVCC’s mission, including donors and volunteers.
The individual will also function as a member of the agency’s Leadership team to assist in short and long term strategic, operational and administrative planning and implementation for the organization and its employee supportive culture.
The Associate Director of Community Relations and Marketing is responsible for the development and implementation of STVCC’s overall community relations and marketing benchmarks and strategies. STVCC’s community relations strategies include media relations, public relations, internal communications, donor relations and marketing. Specific job responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to, the following:
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Leads the Development Team in establishing annual and strategic goals, objectives and benchmarks for STVCC’s media relations, community relations, and internal communications.
- Monitor, review, meet or exceed applicable Service Delivery, Administrative & Management standards established through accreditation, licensing, contractual agreements, or other regulatory bodies and assures the standards and practices are consistent with the philosophy of STVCC and Catholic Social Teaching.
- Work collaboratively with senior management to ensure STVCC brand awareness in all communications with stakeholders regarding STVCC’s mission.
- Manages STVCC’s internal communications, community relations and media relations strategies including monthly evaluation of progress towards goals, objectives and benchmarks.
- Directs management of STVCC’s website and social media.
- Acts as STVCC spokesperson with external media, insuring quality and accurate messages are relayed to the public.
- Trains and directs a point person from each STVCC service area to ensure effective communication with the media and other external constituencies (including public speaking and literature for distribution).
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS:
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in communication, marketing or related field, Master’s Degree preferred.
Experience: 3 to 5 years of progressively more responsible experience in communications/marketing.
- Share the agency’s vision and demonstrate our Core Values.
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead complex projects, achieving outcomes within established timeline.
- Demonstrated collaborative, participatory and inclusive manner in professional settings.
- Self-motivation and strong work ethic.
- Ability to work independently.
- Create and edit short videos.
Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance. Must be proficient in use of MS Office Suite products. Demonstrated ability to manage Website logistics. Preferred experience in back-end editing of WordPress software and video editing using Adobe Creative Suite software.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, a health advocate service, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediate. Accepting applications until filled.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE: Cover Letter, Resume and Salary History
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Shawn Koster
2800 West Willow St
Lansing, MI 48917