Case Manager Assistant – Rohingya / Burmese Languages
Provide direct support to clients as directed, deemed or appropriate at the request and/or direction of supervisory staff. Direct support includes transportation, interpretation and translation of documents and services relating to clients, Program and Agency.
- Provide interpretation and translation services, both within the Agency/Program and to outside the Agency partners, if applicable.
- Provide preventive health orientation to all clients. (Including but not limited to women’s health issues and being culturally sensitive.)
- Case note all appropriate contacts and activities as directed.
- Ensure all documentation is safeguarded and turned in as directed.
- Provide transportation, as deemed necessary, from the airport (arrival), to DHHS, Social Security, Secretary of State, employers, health appointments and other supportive services, etc.
- Maintain on-going communication with Case Managers and other Program staff to ensure client needs and requests are addressed.
- Maintain a professional appearance and behavior as a representative of the Agency and Program.
- Attend and actively participate in Agency and Program meetings, conferences, in-services and other meetings deemed appropriate.
High School education. Preferred is directly related experience. A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and appropriate insurance. Fluency in second language(s) (other than English) that is representative of a Refugee population currently being served by the Program, preferably Rohingya and Burmese. Also prefer ability to work beyond the parameters of posted Agency/Program hours of operation as necessary to complete Job Responsibilities.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Shawn Koster
*Include resume, cover letter and compensation history