Child Welfare Case Aide
Manages and supervise visitation between foster children and their families in a safe, clean environment. Works cooperatively with foster children, their families, foster parents, and agency personnel while performing duties.
- Supervise parenting time sessions between foster children and their birth families, as requested by individual caseworkers.
- Consult the Case Aide schedule book daily to become informed as to which sessions need supervision.
- Read and follow directions on Case Aide referral forms as written by referring caseworker.
- Redirect parents when they display inappropriate behaviors during visiting times.
- Greet visiting parties, escort them to assigned visitation rooms, and provide ongoing assistance as needed.
- Document family interaction on Case Aide report forms and distribute to referring caseworker.
- Maintain a cleanly environment in the visitation rooms as needed.
- Assemble Foster Care Program intake packets as needed:
- Compile all necessary forms from foster care program “forms” filing cabinet.
- Assemble appropriate forms to create foster parent intake packets and foster care caseworker intake packets.
- Replenish the packets when they become deplete.
- Consult with direct supervisor if more forms need to be ordered.
- Meet with direct supervisor at least monthly to discuss needs, concerns, and ways to improve the Case Aide position.
High School Diploma. Experience working with children and families preferred. Emotionally able to work with information that may be traumatic in nature, as well as, work with individuals or families in crisis or experiencing trauma. A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Shawn Koster
OPEN UNTIL FILLED