Mental Health/Substance Abuse Therapist (Part Time)
The mental health/substance abuse therapist will provide clinical service and needed related services for clients who are eligible for and requesting mental health or substance abuse service from the clinic. The mental health/substance abuse therapist participates responsibly in the day-to-day operations of the clinic and agency.
- The mental health therapist will provide psychotherapy and counseling services to families, couples, children and their parents, and adult individuals.
- Will provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment plan goals and objectives within timeframes set by the policies and procedures of the Counseling Services Program.
- Will carry case management responsibility for eligible clients from first appointment through termination or transfer.
- Will carry a partial caseload of clients (4-10 clients seen/clients scheduled in a 40 hour week, including some evening hours) Caseload numbers are subject to change by the Clinical Director and therapist availability.
- Will accept Managed care client assignments according to the clinic’s contracts and policy.
- Will keep a clinical case record for each client.
- Will follow their professional associations Code of Ethics regarding client treatment, confidentiality, standards of care, and professional conduct.
- Will participate in ongoing clinical supervision from the Clinical Director.
- Will accept additional responsibilities when assigned by Clinical Director.
- Masters degree in Social Work, Psychology or related fields. State of Michigan certification or license or two years post-graduate experience that would qualify employee for State certification/license. Fully licensed LMSW or PhD psychologist, paneled w/PHP. CAADC certification for addictions/substance abuse counseling.
- Two years post-graduate experience providing psychotherapy, mental health or family counseling services to individuals and families
- Membership in a national professional association which ascribes to a professional code of ethics
- Good use of spoken and written English
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Shawn Koster
AVAILABLE: OPEN UNTIL FILLED