Director of Development
STVCC seeks a highly motivated leader that has an energetic attitude that embraces our mission, vision and core values with exceptional interpersonal skills, while understanding the importance of relationship building as our Director of Development. We are in the initial stages of launching a capital campaign to build capacity and advance our mission over time. S/He is expected to be a strategic leader who can elevate STVCC’s fundraising and ensure that it prospers. With exceptional ethics and accountability, the Director will be responsible for all development efforts to ensure the strategic positioning of STVCC in the regional market as the first choice for donors. The successful candidate will be mission driven and report directly to and support the CEO.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Create and implement a comprehensive development strategy consistent with STVCC’s initiatives in order to secure financial support necessary to carry out and advance the Agency’s mission over time.
- Responsible for all Development and strategic efforts for STVCC including setting the standard and protocol for all development activities including but not limited to donor giving/cultivation, capital campaigns, planned giving, and major gifts including endowments. Special emphasis for this position in major gifts and planned giving efforts.
- Relationship cultivation and stewardship that ensures quality outreach to the Catholic and non-Catholic communities, specifically including but not limited to Catholic parishes, schools, and other faith-based groups.
- Responsible for the identification, research, cultivation and solicitation of non-governmental grantors.
- Functions as a member of the agency’s Executive & Leadership teams to assist in short and long term strategic, operational and administrative planning and implementation for the Organization.
- Provide leadership, mentorship, and professional development opportunities for the agency’s development team.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATES MUST HAVE:
Education: Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s preferred. CFRE Certification preferred.
- 5-10 years of exceptional strategic leadership and ability to demonstrate experience in all development activities and understanding the breadth of philanthropic fundraising.
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership experience with a capital campaign, securing major gifts/endowments, and planned giving programs.
- Must possess the ability to establish and maintain a positive presence in the community through the development of relationships with all stakeholders (including Diocese/Parish representatives, Board members, donors, and volunteers).
- Experience with a non-profit or faith based organization, Catholic preferred.
- Must be willing to support and promote the core values and mission of STVCC.
- Creative thinking and leadership.
- Ability to establish and deepen trust over time and display the highest degree of integrity in all interactions with Board members, staff, volunteers, donors, and the community.
- Must have experience in utilizing a development database, Donor Perfect preferred.
- Experience and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite preferred.
DATE AVAILABLE: Immediate. Accepting applications until filled.
APPLICATIONS MUST INCLUDE: Cover Letter, Resume and Salary History/Requirements
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities Maria Zdybel Director of Administrative Services 2800 West Willow Street Lansing, MI 48917 Fax: 517-886-1191 firstname.lastname@example.org E.O.E