Foster Care Program Manager
Provides leadership and direction for the Foster Care Program. Directly supervises the daily tasks of the Foster Care Case Managers. Provides a consultative and supportive role for foster families in meeting the needs of foster children. Promotes and participates in cooperative efforts with other area child placing agencies. Maintains a positive attitude about the foster care system and the benefits it provides for children. Reports to the Director of Children’s Services on the functioning of the Foster Care Program and staff.
- Train, supervise and support the Foster Care Case Managers and Case Manager Technicians
- Fulfill case manager responsibilities and manage cases when the program has referrals and the case managers have full caseloads
- Responsible for the agency maintaining compliance with foster care rules and regulations, accreditation standards, and contracts.
- Implement all Corrective Action Plans for the Foster Care Program
- Maintain current and accurate foster care files and records, review/approve monthly foster parent payments
- Assist in planning and placing children in foster family homes
- Assist Director of Children’s Services in budget development and appropriate fiscal management.
- Assist in writing grants and grant evaluations
- Complete all required spreadsheets and program reporting requirements for DHHS
- Develop and/or provide training for foster parents.
- Participate in 24 hour on-call rotation with Child Welfare Managers.
- Participate in ongoing supervision, consulting and informing the Director of work-related issues.
- Be knowledgeable about all DHHS Foster Care policies procedures and implement into the program
- Serve as program liaison between St. Vincent Catholic Charities and DHHS, Family Court, CMH, and other appropriate collateral services.
- Complete all required administrative and programmatic tasks in a timely manner and report to the Director for approval.
- Perform other duties as designated by the Director of Children’s Services.
This is a full-time regular position with the following benefits package: medical, dental, vision, flexible spending accounts, EAP, life, disability and retirement. Our retirement includes two plans, a defined benefits plan as well as a 403(b) option. The defined benefit plan has a five year cliff vesting for eligible employees. In addition to the benefits package, there are paid holidays, vacation and sick time.
A Master’s Degree* from an accredited college or university in human behavioral science or a related field and 3 year of experience as a social service worker in a child welfare agency, a child caring institution, or in an agency performing child welfare functions. Or, a Bachelor’s Degree* from an accredited college or university in human behavioral science or a related field, or guidance and 4 years of experience as a social service worker, 3 of which have been in a child welfare agency, a child caring institution, or an agency performing child welfare functions.
*Acceptable degrees include: social work, sociology, psychology, family ecology, consumer/community services, family studies, family and/or child development, guidance/school counseling, counseling psychology, and criminal justice.
PLEASE SUBMIT YOUR RESUME, COVER LETTER AND SALARY HISTORY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Ms. Shawn Koster
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled