General Facilities / Housing Set Up Worker
Under direction of the Facilities Director, this position helps with all aspects of the Facility Department. Pick- up and delivery of donated items and help with housing set-up of newly arriving refugees, storing and tracking inventory, upkeep of agency vehicles, properties and landscape. Special event and training set up and tear down duties as well as helping during events when asked. Facilitate all agency deliveries as specified in the agency shipping and receiving procedure.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Service Center physical building upkeep and landscaping upkeep of the property.
- Retrieve and log messages from donation voicemail. Call donors and schedule pickup of donation items within 24 hours of original message.
- Selection, delivery, and set-up of St. Vincent Catholic Charities’ client’s households, including furniture, and personal need items.
- Pick up / Deliver furniture and other household items from multiple locations by loading on and off agency vehicles.
- Maintain clean, safe, and organized storage area and work environment. Ensure agency vehicles are kept clean and properly maintained.
- Timely documentation of all services provided using agency checklists and forms.
- Attend and actively participate in agency and program meetings, conferences, in-services and other meetings deemed appropriate.
- To be “on call” as assigned.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow daily route sheet each day; assuring timely arrival for all donor pick-ups scheduled.
- Assess the quality of the donor’s items to be donated and make the decision to accept or reject.
- Prepare household / personal need items for delivery as needed as well as unpack, organize, inventory, and shelve donations as they come in.
- Operates vehicles and may perform or schedule vehicle maintenance.
- Education: High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Experience: Prefer experience in physical building upkeep, landscaping, warehouse inventory control, loading and unloading trucks.
- Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: Possession of a valid chauffeur driver’s license and appropriate auto insurance. Must maintain a good driving record within agency standards.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Ms. Shawn Koster
Include resume, cover letter and salary history