Job Developer / Employment Administrator
Develop employment opportunities for clients by recruiting new employers; conduct follow-up actions for retention purposes, track and report on job placements and liaise with DHHS/CAMW.
- Use all available resources in developing employment opportunities: newspaper classified ads, bulletin boards, employment agencies, Michigan Works, the internet, etc.
- Make contact with private and public sectors for employment opportunities using personal contact, telephone, and/or internet connections.
- Case note all appropriate contacts and activities relating to job development.
- Maintain on-going communication with Job Development Coordinator, Case Managers and other Program staff to ensure employer/client needs and requests are addressed.
- Initiate/maintain personal contacts and relationships with local businesses to identify job placement opportunities through various means including, but not limited to: phone calls, face to face meetings and formal or informal presentations.
- Track contacts with employers on forms provided by DHS and on STVCC forms.
- Ensure current employment leads are available to case management staff through regular communications and bi-weekly team meetings.
- Advocate for clients with active employers regarding salary increases and job upgrades.
- Scan and email job claims/4785Rs/RFSSP to DHHS office.
- Review employment files/enroll clients in employment programs. (MG or DHHS)
- Maintain on-going communication with other Job Developers, Case Managers and other Program staff to ensure client needs and requests are addressed.
- Complete and submit Client Data File (CDF) to DHHS and Section V report to Accounting.
- Provide oversight for contract compliance and be source of information for all employment grants.
- Write and submit trimester reports to DHHS.
- Provide leadership outcomes to STVCC Dashboard.
- Provide 90/180 day case note lists to CMs.
- Participate in staff meetings, employment team meetings, DHHS/CAMW/ORS meetings.
- Education: Minimum possession of a four year undergraduate degree (Bachelor Degree) with or without experience.
- Experience: Prior Case Management experience in social services field preferred. Experience with people from a culture outside the United States. Empathy for and understanding of refugees preferred.
- Special qualifications: Competency in basic computer programs including all MS Office programs. Fluency in MS Excel. At least two years of experience in marketing and networking. Demonstrated ability to recruit and retain new employers.
- Special qualifications: Prefer ability to work beyond the parameters of posted Agency/Program hours of operation as necessary to complete Job Responsibilities.
- Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Ms. Shawn Koster
Include resume, cover letter and salary history