Job Upgrade & Self Sufficiency Specialist
Works with specially referred clients to: 1) develop job upgrades for employed clients, 2) support recertification and professional development for professionals, and 3) support clients with employment challenges through intensive training and connection to community resources.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with case managers to identify employed clients who are eligible for job upgrades and assist those clients to obtain more advanced positions
- Counsel clients with high levels of skill and education for credential evaluation and recertification processes and support applications and paperwork to obtain recertification.
- Provide intensive job readiness training to assigned clients
- Assist clients with application procedures including resume preparation
- Case note all appropriate contacts and activities relating to training, job upgrades, and recertification services.
- Engage with community resources to develop community refugee employment development services.
- Maintain on-going communication with other employment team members, Case Managers and other Program staff to ensure client needs and requests are addressed
- Builds partnerships with other employment services providers (Michigan Works), staffing agencies, and private organizations
- Organizes and plans client trainings including facilitation and organizing interpreters
- Coordinates and organizes vocational trainings for refugee professionals with local training providers such as CareerQuest, Lansing Community College and others.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend and actively participate in agency and program meetings, conferences, in-services and other meetings as deemed appropriate
- Participation in preparation of reports on job development and placement activities, if applicable
- Complete and submit a time accounting document on a daily basis as determined by the director of Refugee Services
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Experience: At least 2 years of demonstrated experience leading teams, training peers and developing systems.
- Registration, licenses, certifications or special training: A valid Michigan Driver License, access to reliable transportation and maintain appropriate insurance.
- Other qualifications: Fluency in a second language (other than English) that is representative of a Refugee population currently being served by the Program is desirable. Excellent computer skills, knowledge of database software programs and excellent communication and writing skills are preferred. Demonstrated ability to flex time and work beyond the parameters of posted Agency/Program hours of operation as necessary to complete Job Responsibilities. Demonstrated creative thinking, problem-solving and ability to take initiative and increased responsibility.
RESPOND BY: Open Until Filled
SEND REPLY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
Attn: Ms. Shawn Koster
Include resume, cover letter and salary history