Mental Health / Substance Abuse Therapist (Full Time)
The mental health/substance abuse therapist will provide clinical service and needed related services for clients who are eligible for and requesting mental health or substance abuse service from the clinic. The mental health/substance abuse therapist participates responsibly in the day-to-day operations of the clinic and agency.
- The mental health therapist will provide psychotherapy and counseling services to families, couples, children and their parents, and adult individuals.
- Will provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and treatment plan goals and objectives within timeframes set by the policies and procedures of the Counseling Services Program.
- Will carry case management responsibility for eligible clients from first appointment through termination or transfer.
- Will carry a full caseload of clients (26 clients seen with 30 clients scheduled in a 40 hour week, including at least two evenings). Caseload numbers are subject to change by the Clinical Director of Counseling.
- Will accept Managed care client assignments according to the clinic’s contracts and policy.
- Will keep a clinical case record for each client.
- Will follow their professional associations Code of Ethics regarding client treatment, confidentiality, standards of care, and professional conduct.
- Will participate in ongoing clinical supervision from the Clinical Director of Counseling.
- Will accept additional responsibilities when assigned by Clinical Director of Counseling.
- Master’s degree in Social Work, Psychology or related fields. LMSW or Licensed Psychologist preferred.
- Two years post-graduate experience providing psychotherapy, mental health, or family counseling services to individuals and families.
- Candidate MUST either possess CAADC certification through MCBAP for Addictions/Substance Abuse or be eligible to obtain CAADC within the first 60 days of employment.
- Paneled with commercial insurance providers (PHP, BCN, McLaren, etc.) preferred.
- Membership in a national professional association which ascribes to a professional code of ethics
- Good use of spoken and written English
There is a $1,000.00 bonus for a candidate that has already obtained CAADC certification. This position is also eligible for the 2017 Referral Bonus.
SEND RESUME AND SALARY HISTORY TO:
St. Vincent Catholic Charities
ATTN: Shawn Koster
2800 West Willow Street
Lansing, MI 48917
RESPOND BY: OPEN UNTIL FILLED