St. Vincent Catholic Charities is the designated refugee resettlement agency for adults and families in Lansing and mid-Michigan. Through a federal government program, our Refugee Services assist with the basic essentials to welcome refugees to the Lansing community and help them reach self-sufficiency.
STVCC Refugee Services facilitates the resettlement process by:
- Picking up refugee clients from the airport
- Locating safe and affordable housing
- Providing furniture, basic household items, and food
- Providing English as a second language classes
- Enrolling children in school
- Transporting and assistance for health screenings and medical follow-up
- Providing extensive cultural orientation, financial literacy
- Applying for necessary documents & programs funded through the U.S. Department of State
- Employment services, and more.