Grand Rounds: Psychotropic Medications
Grand Rounds: Psychotropic Medications is an introduction to psychiatric medications for Social Work/Psychology professionals. This training opportunity is open for any STVCC Staff member, interested members of the community, and students at local universities in the desired field of study.
The training will be presented by Child Psychiatrist Dr. Andrew Homa, MD. Dr. Homa has been providing medical and psychiatric services to the child at the Children’s Home for nearly 35 years and has helped serve over 2,000 children.
The presentation will include:
- Indications for medication use with children and adolescents
- The major classes of psychiatric medications
- How they work
- And the potential side effects
- Clinical examples and questions from participants will be utilized.
St. Vincent Catholic Charities Children’s Home (2800 W. Willow St. Lansing, MI) Chapel off the main lobby.
The fee will be:
- $20 for anyone seeking Continuing Education hours
- $10 for anyone not seeking Continuing Education hours
- Free for students, STVCC staff and volunteers
If interested, please RSVP to:
Josh Lown, Volunteer, Outreach, and Training Coordinator
Phone: (517)-323-4734 Ext. 1356