Providing Over 40 Years of Refuge
PROVIDING SERVICES FOR LANSING REFUGEES
Providing refugees with resettlement services for over 40 years is important to St. Vincent Catholic Charities because we adhere to the Catholic principle that every human life has value. Refugees are people who “owing to a well-founded fear of being persecuted for reasons of race, religion, nationality, membership of a particular social group, or political opinion” have left their country of origin and are unable to return in fear of their safety.
We strive to assist those who have been exposed to atrocities that we as Americans can’t imagine. Simply put, we resettle refugees to help save lives and show the love and mercy of Jesus Christ.
DID YOU KNOW?
STVCC continues to serve refugees after arrival in Lansing. Some of the services the Refugee Resettlement program provides are:
- Locating safe and affordable housing
- Providing furniture, basic household items, and food
- Giving English as a second language classes
- Enrolling children in school
- Transporting and assistance for health screenings and medical follow-up
- Providing extensive cultural orientation, financial literacy
- Applying for necessary documents & programs funded through the US Department of State
- Employment services, and more.