Volunteering is one of the single most rewarding things you can do with your time. St. Vincent Catholic Charities (STVCC) offers a wide range of opportunities for you to get involved and make a difference in your community. We know your time is precious and we will work with you to help provide a volunteer experience that fits your personal mission, time and talents. Contact us today to begin providing help and creating hope in the lives of those we serve!
CONTACT US TODAY!
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:30 A.M. – 5:00 P.M
Click here to view our Volunteer Opportunities !
How to Apply:
Visit stvcc.org/volunteer-application to complete the online volunteer application.
Giving freely of your time and talents to help those in need is simply a good hearted thing to do. But with good choices come wonderful benefits.
- Gain Experience. Volunteerism gives you the opportunity to gain experience and improve life skills that can be used in your professional and personal life.
- Be More Attractive to Employers and Colleges. Employers and schools are always looking for candidates with a variety of skill sets and experience. Volunteer experience is a key component on applications and resumes.
- Teach Your Children the Gift of Giving. With our busy schedules nowadays, looking for ways to have quality family time is important. What a great way to expand your child’s views, highlight their strengths and bond with them.
- Meet Interesting People. You will meet people and hear amazing stories of heroism and triumph over impossible odds.
- Learn About Other Cultures. When you volunteer with those we serve, you will learn more about your own culture as well as theirs. Many of those we serve are refugees who are coming to the U.S.A. for the first time. You will learn stories from around the world, experience new foods, music and communication.
- Strengthen Your Community. For every small action we take to improve the lives of our neighbors, there is a ripple effect. Through empowering children and families, fostering housing stability, enhancing quality of life, you are advancing our community health.
- Create a More Loving and Safe World for Children. Children are completely vulnerable to their surroundings. We are raising adults and they are learning based on what they see and hear around them. Our leaders of tomorrow are being molded today. We are each a part of this, so it is vitally important to make our part count.
- Help Your Health and Transform Your Life. There are multiple studies that show a correlation between volunteering and improved physical and emotional health. When we volunteer for someone in need, we begin to see things in different perspective. We start to more strongly understand our own blessings. Our own daily stress is minimized. Then, when we give of ourselves to help another it brings more peace and joy to our own lives.
For additional volunteer questions, please call or e-mail any of our Volunteer Coordinators:
- Children’s Home: Josh Lown – (517) 323-4734 Ext. 1356 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Child Welfare (Foster Care & Adoption): Manda Johnson – (517) 323-4734 Ext. 1603 email@example.com
- Immigration Law Clinic: Alyse Bleisner – (517) 323-4734 Ext. 1800 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Refugee Services: Veronica Parsamova – (517) 323-4734 Ext. 1427 email@example.com