St. Vincent Catholic Charities’ Immigration Law Clinic provides a wide spectrum of immigration legal services, such as family reunification, adjustment of status, citizenship, asylum and removal defense to community members from across the state of Michigan, regardless of immigration status. The expertise of our attorneys is available to the public without referral and services are offered on a sliding scale fee basis.
Call Us Today!
(517) 323.4734 EXT. 1800
MONDAY – FRIDAY: 8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M.
Types of Services Provided
- Citizenship applications.
- Representation for individuals who fear persecution in their home country.
- Assistance with status changes for refugees and asylees.
- Family based visa petitions.
- Representation for unaccompanied minors.
- Employment authorization.
- Assistance in addressing deportation/removal proceedings.
- Community presentations on immigration issues.
- Other immigration legal matters.
- Legal representation is provided to foreign nationals living in Michigan regardless of immigration status, nationality, belief, past criminal history or income level.
- Fees are calculated based on household income.
- Interpretation and translation services can be made available in a variety of languages.
- To schedule an appointment, please call (517) 323.4734 ext.1800
What Do I Bring to My Appointment?
Clients should plan to bring any immigration related documents to their initial appointment if they possess them. These documents may include:
- Identity document
- I-94 card
- Permanent Resident Card
- Copies of any papers filed with the government
- Letters and receipts received from the government
Meet Our Attorneys
Lesley L. Glennon J.D., Director of STVCC Immigration Law Clinic
Lesley L. Glennon joined St. Vincent Catholic Charities Immigration Law Clinic at its founding in 1997. After completing undergraduate degrees in French and Legal Studies, she earned her Juris Doctorate from the Thomas M. Cooley Law School. Lesley enjoys working with a culturally rich and diverse population, the professional challenge of a complex practice area, and managing a non-profit law clinic within a social service context.
Melissa Indish J.D., Immigration Attorney
Melissa Indish earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Grand Valley State University in Allendale, MI and her Juris Doctorate from the University Of Detroit Mercy School Of Law in Detroit, MI. While completing her J.D., Ms. Indish was involved in the University’s asylum law clinic which exposed her to the field of immigration and the struggle of individuals to win asylum. This experience led her to pursue a career focused on immigration law and serving vulnerable populations needing legal representation.