At St. Vincent Catholic Charities we believe that every child deserves to have a safe place to call home. The Foster Care Program is designed to provide temporary foster care services for children ages 0 through 17 who can no longer remain with their families due to problems in the home.
Once removed, many children feel like nobody wants them. But the truth is, they deserve to be loved and feel safe. Foster parents have the opportunity to give love, wisdom and comfort to a child in need. At St. Vincent Catholic Charities, we see every foster family as a part of our team. Together we work to meet the needs of the children we serve.
Click here to view our Foster Care Brochure!
Contact Us Today!
(517) 323.4734 ext. 1621
MONDAY – FRIDAY
8:00 A.M. – 4:30 P.M
*Evening Hours By Appointment:
Monday – Thursday
How to become a foster parent
Becoming a foster parent is not expensive or complicated.
Contact our Licensing Specialist, Becky Prieur at (517) 323-4734 ext. 1621. Becky will help you sign up for an upcoming information orientation. These orientations are hosted on the 1st and 3rd Thursday of every month in the STVCC Service Center. Registrations are required to attend an upcoming orientation. Daytime and Evening Orientations are available.
On average, the licensing process takes between 4 to 6 months. We will connect you with your very own licensing specialist. They will help you complete an application, family assessment, and will be there to guide you through the process every step of the way.
Attend a series of FREE foster parent training classes.
Did You Know?
- You do not have to be Catholic to be a foster parent with St. Vincent Catholic Charities.
- You can choose the age range, gender, etc., of the child that is placed in your home.
- You can be single or married.
- You can own or rent your home.
- Foster children range in age from birth to 17 years old.
- There is an urgent need for foster parents for teens and sibling groups.
- You can still work and be a foster parent.
- All foster children receive Medicaid and daycare assistance payments.