Delta Dental Returns as Presenting Sponsor of 14th Annual Operation Backpack Campaign
Delta Dental will return as the presenting sponsor of St. Vincent Catholic Charities’ (STVCC) 14th annual Operation Backpack campaign, a back-to-school backpack and school supply drive to provide children in need with the necessary materials to learn.
“One of our core values is community commitment,” Delta Dental Corporate Citizenship Specialist Claire Doroh said. “The Operation Backpack campaign directly benefits the well-being of children in our local community.”
The month-long campaign is co-chaired by philanthropists Lupe Izzo and Brig Sorber. Additional community sponsors include WILX TV-10, TWO MEN AND A TRUCK, Capital Area District Libraries (CADL) and Buffalo Wild Wings. Capitol National Bank and RE/MAX Real Estate also return as community partners. The campaign runs from July 18 to August 17. Donations of backpacks and school supplies will be collected by five community partners across the Greater Lansing area and donated to children served by STVCC.
“We appreciate the renewed commitment from Delta Dental and all of our Operation Backpack sponsors,” STVCC CEO Andrea Seyka said. “This campaign showcases the outstanding corporate philanthropic support here in the Greater Lansing area.”
New for this year are three additional participating CADL branches: Haslett, Mason and South Lansing. CADL is also donating library cards to be included in each backpack, while TWO MEN AND A TRUCK will be donating collection boxes that will be placed in the lobbies of each collection site.
Backpacks and supplies can be donated at the following locations:
- St. Vincent Catholic Charities: 2800 Willow St., Lansing, MI, 48917
- WILX-TV Channel 10: 500 American Rd., Lansing, MI 48912
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK – Corporate Office: 3400 Belle Chase Way, Lansing, MI 48911
- TWO MEN AND A TRUCK: 1200 Keystone Ave., Lansing, MI 48911
- Capital Area District Libraries – Downtown Lansing: 401 South Capitol Ave., Lansing, MI 48933
- Capital Area District Libraries – Haslett: 1590 Franklin St., Haslett, MI 48840
- Capital Area District Libraries – Mason: 145 West Ash St., Mason, MI 48854
- Capital Area District Libraries – Okemos: 4321 Okemos Rd., Okemos, MI 48864
- Capital Area District Libraries – South Lansing: 3500 South Cedar St., Lansing, MI 48910
- Capitol National Bank – Lansing: 200 N. Washington Square, Lansing, MI
- Capitol National Bank – Okemos: 4792 Marsh Rd, Okemos, MI 48864
- RE/MAX Real Estate – E. Lansing: 300 W Lake Lansing Rd, East Lansing, MI 48823
- RE/MAX Real Estate – Lansing: 6607 E St Joe Hwy #150, Lansing Charter Township, MI
For a full list of school supplies, visit www.stvcc.org/operation-backpack.